Overview of the Company
River and Mercantile Group Limited (R&M) is an Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our activities currently focus on Equities and Infrastructure serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
Oversee/Undertake the delivery of post-acquisition management (which may include origination, due diligence and execution of investment opportunities) and support/process workstreams in accordance with the requirements of R&M's Infrastructure (RMI) funds/investments.
Some role holders will be more focused in one/two of the above areas, others may be active in all three areas.
This shall include high quality analysis and execution of:
- Post-acquisition ("asset management") activities; and
- Fund-/mandate-level activities;
Oversight and mentoring of junior colleagues in delivering the above.
Presentation of the above to senior colleagues.
Specific activities and responsibilities required
Key responsibilities & accountabilities (including but not limited to the following)
Post-acquisition management, oversee/undertake
- The identification of, presentation of and execution of actions to enhance the performance/risk of investments/assets
- The preparation of cashflow (and other relevant) models (and the review of models prepared by others) and using them to support post acquisition activities
- The preparation of periodic and ad hoc reports in accordance with the requirements of RMI’s funds/investments
And where follow-on deals are originated, oversee/undertake
- Researching investment opportunities matching the requirements of RMI’s funds/mandates
- The due diligence relating to and preparation of follow-on investment/divestment proposals, including undertaking and presenting relevant market/sector/investment research
- The preparation of cashflow (and other relevant) models (and reviewing models prepared by others) and using them to support financial analysis of proposed follow-on investments/divestments
- The process of and the project management of follow-on investment/divestment “closing” processes
Fund/mandate-level activities, oversee/undertake
- The collation and preparation of Management Information for RMI and relevant funds/investments
- The delivery of and enhancement of business and fund/mandate processes, including overseeing service providers
- Comply with relevant FCA rules and regulations, and River and Mercantile policies as they apply to the jobholder, including adherence to FCA Individual Conduct Rules.
- Builds upon understanding of the various aspects of the RMG business and develops relationships with all employees across various functions.
- Demonstrate consistent ethical conduct, fitness and propriety in line with the requirements of holding a controlled function under the FCA’s Approved Persons Regime.
- Demonstrate compliance with the FCA’s Code of Practice for Approved Persons and RMI’s Approved Persons Policy.
- Act in accordance with the best interest of RMI’s clients and avoid any acts or business practices which could damage the reputation of RMI and/or any group entity of R&M or which may be in breach of applicable regulatory rules.
Knowledge & experience
- Degree level educated, Masters academic qualification is desirable but not essential
- Relevant financial, technical, or other professional experience in the infrastructure sector (or similar)
- Excellent commercial, risk awareness, financial, negotiating and reportwriting relating to relevant sectors/activities
- Excellent technical economic and quantitative skills in relevant sectors/activities
- Willing and able to give relevant advice and guidance to staff at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise plan and adapt to best use resources
- Excellent ability to build and manage strong relationships with internal and external contacts
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
The applicant will likely be able to demonstrate many of the following:
- Specific knowledge and experience of infrastructure investing
- Strong analytical skills with a high degree of attention to detail
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate and build relationships both within River and Mercantile, as well as with third party entities
- Strong presentation skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to demonstrate effective oversight and challenge
- The ability to prioritise effectively and organise workflow to meet challenging deadlines