Legal Entity & Revenue Accountant (6 month contract)
Overview of the Company
River and Mercantile (R&M) is an Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our activities currently focus on Equities and Infrastructure serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
This role forms part of the core function of R&M finance. It will involve the calculation, invoicing, and management of Group revenues on a monthly basis as well as responsibility for the month-end accounting for at least one of R&M’s main legal entities; including timely delivery of month-end tasks and balance sheet reconciliations.
Specific activities and responsibilities required
Key responsibilities & accountabilities (including but not limited to the following)
Responsibilities relating to revenue accounting;
- To review and assist in the calculation of revenue for all R&M entities.
- To prepare for review and invoice clients on a monthly & quarterly basis for all R&M entities.
- To manage, allocate and ensure prompt receipt of trade receivables balances for all R&M entities.
Responsibilities relating to Legal Entity Control;
- Responsible for the month-end journals and accounting for at least one of R&M’s main operating entities, including review & approval of invoices relating to that entity.
- Responsible for delivery of timely balance sheet reconciliations and supporting documentation.
- Providing assistance with responding to external audit requests and statutory disclosures as required.
- Preparation of revenue budgets for R&M.
- Preparation of monthly run rate revenue analysis.
- Supporting wider Finance team with ad hoc projects and tasks as required.
- Assisting with preparation of R&M VAT returns.
- Comply with relevant FCA rules and regulations, and River and Mercantile policies as they apply to the jobholder, including adherence to FCA Individual Conduct Rules.
- Build upon understanding of the various aspects of the RMG business and develop relationships with employees across various functions.
- Seeks to act in accordance with best interest of the client and avoids any acts or business practices which could damage the reputation of RMG or is in breach of market conduct, evidencing conformity to all conduct rules.
Knowledge & experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a relevant professional accounting environment.
- Progression and/or qualification with a recognised accountancy body (ACCA/CIMA/AAT etc.).
- Strong academic background.
- Good understanding of Microsoft excel.
- Experience with ProActis & SUN systems advantageous, but not required.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Willingness to learn and seek out opportunities for growth and development.
- A focus on ‘value-add’; wanting to improve and develop existing processes.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent organisation skills and key attention to detail, maintaining precision and accuracy when completing given tasks.
- Actively seek to collaborate with others both within the same team and across functions.
- Pro-active approach with a willingness to ask questions and seek help when necessary.