IT Operations Manager
Overview of the Company
River and Mercantile (R&M) is an Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our activities currently focus on Equities and Infrastructure serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
As IT Operations Manager you will be a pro-active, self-starting member of our growing Technology team, your role is key to the successful delivery of service excellence within the IT Helpdesk, within which you will have direct accountability for the day to day management of our MSP ( Advanced 365 ) among other supplier relationships, as such your understanding of SLAs/KPIs and regular service management interactions will be critically important.
You will have an excellent grounding in IT service desk management, as well as network and server infrastructure – the ongoing oversight of will be a significant part of your role. As a decision maker within the team, you will be expected to have a risk averse attitude, with a good understanding of IT security especially in relation to data and endpoint protection.
As the core management layer within IT, you will be seen as a knowledgeable, pragmatic point of escerlation and advice for the user basis and senior stake holders, as such you should have demonstratable communication skills, allowing you to react calmly and divulge important information during various pressurised scenarios.
Specific activities and responsibilities required
Key responsibilities & accountabilities (including but not limited to the following)
- Responsibility for day to day group wide technical operations and technical support functions including, Data Centre hosting, server infrastructure, networks, end user computing, unified communications and end user support
- Take operational responsibility for the day to day security of RMG platforms and end user estate including the oversight of prevailing and future toolsets
- Responsibility for day to day management of third parties and outsource partners. Oversee performance, provide governance and continual improvement plans associated with such partners by attending Service Reviews and holding partners accountable to SLA/KPI and other key metrics
- Assist the IT Director in providing excellent service to the Group, setting strategic goals and selecting appropriate tools and partners for the the future
- Production of MI and measures which demonstrate current service performance and areas for continual improvement
- Manage and oversee service improvment projects and initiatives
- Co-ordinate and manage DR & BCP activities from a technology perspective
- Deputise for the IT Director where necessary
- Comply with relevant FCA rules and regulations, and River and Mercantile policies as they apply to the jobholder, including adherence to FCA Individual Conduct Rules.
- Builds upon understanding of the various aspects of the RMG business and develops relationships with all employees across various functions.
Knowledge & experience
- Solid experience of running a front-line service desk or technical support team
- Experience in dealing with management and business users at all levels
- Managed third party suppliers and partners providing critical services
- Good understanding of end user platforms and common unified comms solutions
- Excellent stakeholder skills, interacting with technical and non-technical audiences of all levels
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Proactive attitude to IT Support, constantly looking to find better, more efficient ways of working
- Ability to manage and balance multiple priorities, while setting clear expectations
- Self-motivated with a can-do mentality
- Ability to break down technical language into a from easily consumed by business leaders
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent process documentation and implementation skills
- Demonstrates initiative and forward thinking
- Proven ability to lead and oversee technical teams in a semi hands-on capacity
- Creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent organisation skills and key attention to detail, maintaining precision and accuracy when completing given tasks
- Actively seeks to collaborate with others both within the same team and across functions.
- Ability to demonstrate persuasion and negotiation to generate positive outcomes