Senior Associate, Client Services (6 months’ fixed term contract)
Overview of the Company
River and Mercantile (R&M) is an Asset Management business with a broad range of services. Our activities currently focus on Equities and Infrastructure serving a global client base of institutional clients and wholesale and retail financial intermediaries and strategic relationships.
A key role within the Client Services team, helping to support Wholesale and Institutional Distribution in servicing client relationships, responding to new business RFPs, and producing monthly/quarterly client reports. The role is integral in meeting onboarding and reporting requirements which help to maintain client relationships.
Specific activities and responsibilities required
Key responsibilities & accountabilities (including but not limited to the following)
- Support both Wholesale and Institutional Distribution teams across all aspects of new business growth, including onboarding new clients.
- Liaising with Marketing and Sales Support on client specific needs.
- Take charge for the successful resolution of client enquiries liaising and utilising expertise from across the business.
- Complete prospective client questionnaires (RFP/DDQ/RFI responses), platform data requests and similar, coordinating input from relevant teams across the business.
- Update consultant databases on a monthly basis.
- Accurately update and maintain the company’s CRM database.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly client reports accurately within designated timeframes and ensure adequate quality control is maintained at all times.
- Respond to regular and ad hoc client requests in a timely fashion.
- Support the Head of Client Services in managing the relationship with the outsourced back-office function and Authorised Corporate Director to ensure that suitable service levels are maintained, and any issues are monitored and resolved satisfactorily.
- Act as a team player, and support colleagues in managing workload across the team.
- Provide support to the US and Australian offices as required.
- Proactively suggest ways to improve existing processes.
- Other duties as determined by the Head of Client Services.
- Comply with relevant FCA rules and regulations, and River and Mercantile policies as they apply to the jobholder, including adherence to FCA Individual Conduct Rules.
- Builds upon understanding of the various aspects of the RMG business and develops relationships with all employees across various functions.
Knowledge & experience
- 3-5 years’ client service experience within the asset management industry.
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Highly numerate, analytical, with significant attention to detail and the ability to interpret client requests, presentation and reporting documentation.
- The role requires good communication and interpersonal skills for interaction with all areas of the business including operations, portfolio management, compliance and the (outsourced) back-office.
- Excellent organisation skills, an ability to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment and good understanding of the investment management industry. IMC level qualified is a plus, but not essential.
Skills, abilities & personal qualities
- Able to work collaboratively within a team
- Can take initiative to be creative and enhance existing processes and reporting channels
- Can communicate effectively with others displaying excellent written and verbal communication
- Possess excellent attention to detail and time management skills
- Are organised and can manage competing priorities effectively
- Self-motivated and proactive, able to work autonomously to pre-empt and react to team and client requirements.